Sunday, September 9, 2007

Are You Using A Brita or Pur Water Filter For Your Drinking Water?


What do these plastic pitchers actually do?
Pour-Through-Carafe’s are primarily taste & odor filters.
  • They offer very limited effectiveness in removing contaminants of health concern, with the exception of lead.
  • They filter a limited amount of water at one time.
  • They are sold on the “Polaroid principal” – that is to sell the camera cheap & make it up on the film sales. At first glance, the pitchers seem an inexpensive solution, however after replacing the filter every 40 gallons, the cost per gallon is quite high.
  • Consumer reports testing of carafe’s found some of them began clogging halfway through the life of the water filter, so that it took a full hour to filter a quart of water. They also found that carafe’s, like the Brita & Pur, removed only about half the pollutants after just 20 gallons.
  • You have to refrigerate the water after you filter it. Once you take out the chlorine, bacteria can start to grow in your pitcher.
  • One of my clients called me the other day, looking for a better solution and said to me: "I am using a brita pitcher. I have to change the filter every 2 months. I also have to scrub it our every month because algae starts growing in it".
For Information on effective water filters: www.healerwoman.org

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work.

Anonymous said...

Hey there this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if
blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have
to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Also visit my blog; Ranger forum